Forum bugs thread

The one-stop shop for all forum announcements!
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Forum bugs thread

Post by Brian Lutz »

With the new forum theme that has recently been introduced there are a couple of bugs I've found, so I thought it might be useful to start a thread that can be used to report these. No pressure to fix them right away (whenever convenient) but software QA is my day job, and it might be useful to have the info somewhere so people can see if what they've found is a known issue. Here are a couple I've found so far:

- When you open a new topic or a reply page, the fonts dropdown will always be displayed. You can collapse it, but as soon as you click on the message box it opens again automatically, blocking all of the other buttons. Ideally this should remain collapsed until you open it.

- Posts by ignored users will show the expected "This user is on your ignored list" message with a "display this post" link below it, but then it will show the post underneath that. On the post reply page when you see the previous posts in a thread this works as expected.
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Forum bugs thread

Post by BatteryMill »

Not a bug per se, but I find the new design (animated board links) to perform rather slowly.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

Another quick one: On the main page for some forums (but not all) the search box is a weird size. This seems to be correct on the homepage, probably just a quick CSS tweak.

Example: Size is incorrect on the restaurants forum, correct on Shopping Centers.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

BatteryMill wrote: September 15th, 2023, 7:46 pm Not a bug per se, but I find the new design (animated board links) to perform rather slowly.
I find it a bit hard on the eyes myself and not really a fan. 🙁 I wish there was an option to have a custom theme.
submariner
Founder of RetailWatchers.com

Post by submariner »

I've been monitoring things, and I agree the new theme is bug-ridden. I wanted a change, and on paper this one looked good. It is a 1.0 release though and I haven't seen a lot of interaction from the developer, so I'm looking at alternatives. In the meantime, you can change back to the old theme by going to the user menu in the upper-right and selecting "User Control Panel". From there, click the "Board Preferences" tab and select the style. "Flat Style Blue" is the previous theme.
Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 7.39.52 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 7.40.20 pm.png
submariner

Post by submariner »

mbz321 wrote: September 17th, 2023, 7:53 pm
BatteryMill wrote: September 15th, 2023, 7:46 pm Not a bug per se, but I find the new design (animated board links) to perform rather slowly.
I find it a bit hard on the eyes myself and not really a fan. 🙁 I wish there was an option to have a custom theme.
I'm looking at options. I can install as many theme styles as I'd like, but the problem becomes an issue with maintaining branding and custom CSS templates across any number of theme styles.