Gas Station Rebuilding

Gas stations & convenience stores (AM/PM, 7-Eleven, etc.)
Alpha8472

Gas Station Rebuilding

Post by Alpha8472 »

The awful rundown ARCO AMPM in Dublin, California was shut down recently. They put a fence around the entire station.

I don't know if it is a permanent closure or a temporary closure. This gas station has had old malfunctioning pumps for at least the past 10 years. The interior is a rundown mess with the split design. The cashier is stuck on one side and hot food is separated by an aisle. They never have hot food ready and the cashier cannot leave the cash register side to serve you food.

Perhaps this location is getting a remodel. The drink machines have been broken off and on for years.

I also noticed a nearby Shell Gas Station getting a remodel, even though Shell already looked up clean and up to date.

ARCO always seems to have rundown stations.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Gas Station Rebuilding

Post by jamcool »

I’ve noticed in Phoenix AM-PMs are harder to find nowadays….a lot of the older ARCO AM-PMs have converted the stores to regular “Food Marts”.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Dublin AMPM reopened under new management recently. They cleaned up the store and added a brand new high tech soda fountain with TV screens showing animations.

The fresh food was restocked and they finally have food that you can buy.

They fixed up the gas pumps with new credit card readers. I think this was a much needed change in management. Perhaps the corporate office kicked out the previous owner due to poor management.

I am still waiting for the Shell Gas Station in San Ramon to finish its remodel. They are digging up the ground at the station. Perhaps the tanks needed to be replaced.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

BP owns the AM-PM operation in Northern Cal and the Northwest and is putting money into their convenience stores which includes expanding the AM-PM banner into new markets, along with now owning Thorntons in the Midwest and the nationwide Travelcenters of America operation.
Meanwhile in SoCal and Arizona AM-PM is franchised to Marathon, which seems to be less interested in upgrading and building new stores.