Kroger Marketplace 2.0

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Kroger Marketplace 2.0

Post by SamSpade »

storewanderer wrote: September 27th, 2023, 11:52 pm I was in what I thought was a recently opened Kroger Marketplace in TX, but I see it opened in 2016, but had the new Kroger "marketplace" sign out front, and it still had the typical Marketplace clothing and full kitchen place departments.
Was this south of Dallas on the way to Louisiana by chance? I had a work related trip in 2016 (how I met a "Fresh Fare" Kroger) and they were opening or about to open a Marketplace near Dallas somewhere before I got out into the rural wine country on the way to Tyler, Longview, and eventually Shreveport.
architect
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Kroger Marketplace 2.0

Post by architect »

The store you are likely thinking of is in Forney, essentially due east of Dallas on 80 prior to it merging with I-20. That area of DFW (Kaufman County) is currently the fastest-growing of anywhere in the country with new residential subdivisions all over the place, and both Tom Thumb and H‑E‑B have upcoming stores in that same area (the H‑E‑B has been approved by the city, but a timeline for construction has not been announced yet).