Restaurant Fees

jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Restaurant Fees

Post by jamcool »

Blame who runs California and LA county…Newsom and Gascon.
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

veteran+ wrote: March 26th, 2024, 8:02 am
HCal wrote: March 26th, 2024, 12:26 am Perch (rooftop bar in downtown LA) now has a 4.5% "security fee".

Typical, business owners continue to force customers to subsidize their business.

Customers will continue to be forced to "work" to spend their money and to help owners pay for their overhead expenses (costs for operating a business, including payroll and benefits).

What a racket!
With extremely high labor costs and a lack of police support in major California cities customers are going to have to pay for it.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

With extremely high labor costs and a lack of police support in major California cities customers are going to have to pay for it. (That's a lot of broadstroking for an historical issue that is quite complicated but fits the popular hype that all seem to enjoy).

Blame who runs California and LA county…Newsom and Gascon. (Not true for many reasons, first being the issues predate this administration and include Republican administrations from the past, but hey, that's what everyone salivates to hear).
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

jamcool wrote: March 27th, 2024, 6:52 am Blame who runs California and LA county…Newsom and Gascon.
I think that's the intention, and it seems to have worked on you. Businesses implement junk fees hoping that you will blame politicians instead. Just like Spirit Airlines' "Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations" fee.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: March 28th, 2024, 11:56 pm
jamcool wrote: March 27th, 2024, 6:52 am Blame who runs California and LA county…Newsom and Gascon.
I think that's the intention, and it seems to have worked on you. Businesses implement junk fees hoping that you will blame politicians instead. Just like Spirit Airlines' "Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations" fee.
I could blame them but I'm in NV and I see a lot of these fees being added at various restaurants and other small chain/one location independent businesses too. It is a real frustration. I am seeing it more and more at places I like to go and I am making some difficult decisions to not patronize those businesses.

The other option is buying as little as possible from said business to get just what is most unique from them and go elsewhere for the rest. For instance if it is a pizza place and I like the pizza I will buy ONLY the pizza, no drink, no extra items as I may have in the past, and I may not go there as often.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

I guess I have been lucky because I have not encountered these fees.

I don't do fast food or fast casual any longer but I do frequent the better restaurants which we have in abundance on the Sunset Strip, Santa Monica Bl., Melrose Av. and many more. I also do not frequent big chain (Cheesefactory, etc.) restaurants.

🤷‍♂️
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: March 29th, 2024, 8:58 am I guess I have been lucky because I have not encountered these fees.

I don't do fast food or fast casual any longer but I do frequent the better restaurants which we have in abundance on the Sunset Strip, Santa Monica Bl., Melrose Av. and many more. I also do not frequent big chain (Cheesefactory, etc.) restaurants.

🤷‍♂️
It isn't at big chains or fast food. It is becoming frustratingly common at independent Asian and pizza places in my area. I've seen it at what I'd call some better independent restaurants also.