Chevron is at it again

Gas stations & convenience stores (AM/PM, 7-Eleven, etc.)
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Chevron is at it again

Post by veteran+ »

jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: Chevron is at it again

Post by jamcool »

You do know the largest oil company in the world is government owned…Saudi Aramco. They also own the largest refinery in the US outside of Houston.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The CEO of Chevron assured the Hess CEO that the Hess toy truck will continue to be sold. It is a collector's item and a very long tradition.
rwsandiego
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by rwsandiego »

Alpha8472 wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 10:39 pm The CEO of Chevron assured the Hess CEO that the Hess toy truck will continue to be sold. It is a collector's item and a very long tradition.
As someone who still has his red toy Texaco truck that his parents bought him as a Christmas gift in 1966 or 1967, keeping the toy truck really is the most important thing!

PS: I can no longer ride on the truck. :mrgreen:
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 8:25 am https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/c ... 023-10-23/

Will this stuff ever stop?
Chevron is still headquartered in California legally (aren't they?) so this moves additional business into the state?

Or did they move to Texas too?

I think Chevron is one of the better players in this industry. Many good companies but Chevron is definitely one of the best.

Hess divested its stations to Speedway a number of years ago. I'm not surprised to see Hess selling the rest of itself off. Hess supposedly was/is a very well run company but I never followed them so cannot validate that.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Most of the Chevron employees have moved to Texas. Chevron has only a small number of employees left in San Ramon, California at the token corporate office.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

My point is the continuing consolidation of everything around us.

This is not good in any way.
Last edited by veteran+ on October 24th, 2023, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

veteran+ wrote: October 24th, 2023, 7:57 am My point is the continuing consoliation of everything around us.

Of course, Hess had already sold off their retail locations (to Speedway), but even when those existed I don't think there was much, if anything Chevron in the same areas.

So, a bit different that two chains that have more overlapping areas combining like the supermarket situation :)
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: October 24th, 2023, 7:57 am My point is the continuing consolidation of everything around us.

If this fossil fuel industry is to go away over the next few decades we are going to see a lot more consolidation as that happens.. big IF.
buckguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by buckguy »

BillyGr wrote: October 24th, 2023, 8:32 am
veteran+ wrote: October 24th, 2023, 7:57 am My point is the continuing consoliation of everything around us.

Of course, Hess had already sold off their retail locations (to Speedway), but even when those existed I don't think there was much, if anything Chevron in the same areas.

So, a bit different that two chains that have more overlapping areas combining like the supermarket situation :)
Hess overlapped with Chevron's operations in the mid-Atlantic (derived from Gulf among others). Further North, BP took over most Gulf stations.

Exploration is the more profitable end of the business, so it's not surprising that the consolidation is there, esp. since an existing company with know reserves means you don't have to invest in new reserves (even though there are tax benefits).