Tesla starts construction on a diner/drive-in charging station in Los Angeles

veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Tesla starts construction on a diner/drive-in charging station in Los Angeles

Post by veteran+ »

Brian Lutz wrote: November 15th, 2023, 4:58 pm They originally wanted to build this in Santa Monica but after running into bureaucratic delays they shifted to the site in Los Angeles and just plopped down a few Superchargers on the originally intended site. There's also the factor of needing to have adequate power infrastructure available since 32 superchargers could potentially be drawing as much as 8 megawatts of power (which would be roughly equivalent to 275 houses) at any given time. I'm sure putting this in Hollywood is also being done for show as well.
Except no one shows off anything in Hollywood anymore because it's gross.

The gentrification that started on Highland and Hollywood basically stopped. Just a block east of that intersection is still nasty. Frankly, I do not understand why tourists continue to walk the boulevard. 🤮

West Hollywood and Beverly Hills is where there is "showing off".
storewanderer

Re: Tesla starts construction on a diner/drive-in charging station in Los Angeles

Post by storewanderer »

veteran+ wrote: November 16th, 2023, 8:05 am
Brian Lutz wrote: November 15th, 2023, 4:58 pm They originally wanted to build this in Santa Monica but after running into bureaucratic delays they shifted to the site in Los Angeles and just plopped down a few Superchargers on the originally intended site. There's also the factor of needing to have adequate power infrastructure available since 32 superchargers could potentially be drawing as much as 8 megawatts of power (which would be roughly equivalent to 275 houses) at any given time. I'm sure putting this in Hollywood is also being done for show as well.
Except no one shows off anything in Hollywood anymore because it's gross.

The gentrification that started on Highland and Hollywood basically stopped. Just a block east of that intersection is still nasty. Frankly, I do not understand why tourists continue to walk the boulevard. 🤮

West Hollywood and Beverly Hills is where there is "showing off".
Tourists who don't know better hear Hollywood and think that is "the place." They have no clue until when they get there what it is like... reviews online of the Walk of Fame give a lot of clues in my opinion.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Power infrastructure didn't stop them at Harris Ranch. They just built a secret OIL BURNING power plant up the road, pretty much the worst possible pollution. The largest maker of batteries couldn't be bothered to make a solar/battery farm for this mega station and instead lies about being "green."