Chuck E. Cheese removing animatronics

Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Chuck E. Cheese removing animatronics

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://www.wthr.com/article/money/busi ... 4136603eac

Chuck E. Cheese has announced that they are removing animatronic bands from all but one location (in Northridge CA) of their restaurants as part of ongoing renovation efforts. In spite of the recent release of the Five Nights at Freddy's movie (which is a horror movie based on a series of video games about killer animatronics in a pizza restaurant) they claim that the removal of the animatronic bands is unrelated to the film.
storewanderer

Re: Chuck E. Cheese removing animatronics

Post by storewanderer »

Those things always gave me the creeps.

Good riddance.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Chuck E Cheese needs to remodel their restaurants. There are some really old and tired locations. I don't know what kids find interesting there. The games probably haven't changed much in years.

When I went during the pandemic to buy chicken wings, they turned out most of the lights so it was mostly dark inside. The robotic animals were scary looking.
Super S

Post by Super S »

They are going to have to step up investing in the latest games etc. in order to stay alive. The animatronics are what this chain is really known for. They might want to also think about a better way to make pizza as they aren't really known for good pizza.

They took a big hit during COVID, and I have a feeling they might not be around much longer.
arizonaguy
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by arizonaguy »

Super S wrote: November 28th, 2023, 6:41 am They are going to have to step up investing in the latest games etc. in order to stay alive. The animatronics are what this chain is really known for. They might want to also think about a better way to make pizza as they aren't really known for good pizza.

They took a big hit during COVID, and I have a feeling they might not be around much longer.
They own Peter Piper Pizza which doesn't have and never had animatronics and makes a good pizza.

Honestly, if they converted more locations to a clone of Peter Piper Pizza I think they'd have a good chance of survival.