In-n-Out Burger Opens in Idaho

SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

In-n-Out Burger Opens in Idaho

Post by SamSpade »

Respectfully, with an 8 hour wait (!) :!: you could drive to Ogden Utah and BACK in the same amount of time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In n Out opens in Meridian

I hope all these relocated Californians (and Utahns, and whomever else) are happy. :mrgreen: After the hype died down, I admit that I will visit the only location relatively near me about once a quarter.

$17.50 an hour in Idaho for restaurant work is very high paying.
storewanderer

Re: In-n-Out Burger Opens in Idaho

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: December 12th, 2023, 3:09 pm Respectfully, with an 8 hour wait (!) :!: you could drive to Ogden Utah and BACK in the same amount of time.

I hope all these relocated Californians (and Utahns, and whomever else) are happy. :mrgreen: After the hype died down, I admit that I will visit the only location relatively near me about once a quarter.

They should get a second location open shortly.

Also if you try to go at an off time like 10 PM or 11 PM maybe it will be less busy? Especially on something like a Sunday night or a Tuesday night.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

SamSpade wrote: December 12th, 2023, 3:09 pm Respectfully, with an 8 hour wait (!) :!: you could drive to Ogden Utah and BACK in the same amount of time.

That is insane!

8 hours?
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: December 12th, 2023, 9:41 pm

They should get a second location open shortly.

Also if you try to go at an off time like 10 PM or 11 PM maybe it will be less busy? Especially on something like a Sunday night or a Tuesday night.
Having gotten stuck waiting over an hour at midnight in Salem, OR I can confidently say no. They will serve until the last car even if it is after 3 or 4 am.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I have only been to In N Out a few times now, at the Keizer, Oregon location when I drive through the area. I have avoided it when lines are long, but when the lines are short and more typical, they are about average wait times, and seem very accommodating as far as special requests, and have yet to get an order wrong

Are the burgers good? I say yes. They are fresh and have a toasted bun that hasn't become soggy. The fries aren't impressive to me, they just don't have a good flavor. But the main product....the burgers...is what they focus on.

I sure don't have 8 hours to waste sitting in a drive through though...I will go elsewhere if I see a long line, just like I do at other chains.

Hopefully, as their presence expands, the lines won't be as bad.

A lot of businesses seem to draw huge crowds until the novelty wears off, or until more locations open nearby. We'll see what happens.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

So weird!

Time to me is probably THE most valuable thing (besides life itself) in the world.

I don't understand the practice of waiting like that for food or even buying that thing that you have to have.

🤷‍♂️🤔
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

Do you really think anyone was actually in an 8 hour line there? Maybe someone showed up 8 hours before opening but that's on them and not representative of the waits. People have a tendency to overstate time. I always love when a customer at opening time states they've been waiting ten minutes for help when it is in fact two minutes exactly since the door was unlocked, and they weren't waiting there when we opened either. When I waited at that Oregon location (I guess it was actually Keizer) it took an hour and they had the same setup with corrals of cars, rope and cones as far as the eye could see. Even though you sat and waited for quite some time before your order was taken, from the moment the rope came down your car never stopped moving more than a second or two, they were practically throwing the food into the window of your car and easily could be serving 8 or more cars per minute at the window because everyone had already paid when they ordered.