Self Check Out- Ridley's

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Self Check Out- Ridley's

Post by storewanderer »

Has anyone else tried self checkout at a Ridley's?

The unit I used seemed to be the NCR/Retailx/Storeline interface (employee/cashier type interface) literally just customer facing on a touch screen and zero directions (just a big empty screen that said NEXT CUSTOMER PLEASE START TICKET or something) then options to press on the side leading you to PLU entry/PLU look up or enter phone number for loyalty or electronic payment, and basically identical interface to how this system looks on the cashier side for an employee. I wasn't even sure if it was open but the cashier yelled over to me to scan my item as I stood there looking at it confused for some directions. Some functions were grayed out (probably the ones a cashier would press to get to coupons, price overrides, etc.). Didn't try any alcohol but would be curious how that would work on these or if sale would be restricted/disallowed entirely on this register...
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Self Check Out- Ridley's

Post by bryceleinan »

storewanderer wrote: December 16th, 2023, 11:54 pm Has anyone else tried self checkout at a Ridley's?

The unit I used seemed to be the NCR/Retailx/Storeline interface (employee/cashier type interface) literally just customer facing on a touch screen and zero directions (just a big empty screen that said NEXT CUSTOMER PLEASE START TICKET or something) then options to press on the side leading you to PLU entry/PLU look up or enter phone number for loyalty or electronic payment, and basically identical interface to how this system looks on the cashier side for an employee. I wasn't even sure if it was open but the cashier yelled over to me to scan my item as I stood there looking at it confused for some directions. Some functions were grayed out (probably the ones a cashier would press to get to coupons, price overrides, etc.). Didn't try any alcohol but would be curious how that would work on these or if sale would be restricted/disallowed entirely on this register...
I don’t recall that from my last trip there, but I’ll admit it’s been a couple of years.
storewanderer

Re: Self Check Out- Ridley's

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: December 17th, 2023, 5:33 am
storewanderer wrote: December 16th, 2023, 11:54 pm Has anyone else tried self checkout at a Ridley's?

I don’t recall that from my last trip there, but I’ll admit it’s been a couple of years.
In Winnemucca the units are down by the Ace register, the way they look you almost don't even know they are self checkouts. That store doesn't seem to be doing well and I hope they can make it but the store has a LOT of problems. Fortunately Khourys is busier every time I am in their store out there so at least someone other than Wal Mart will make it out in Winnemucca.

Ely supposedly has self checkout too but not sure if they're the same units.