Village of Orange closing interior.

Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Village of Orange closing interior.

Post by Retailuser »

According to news reports the Village of Orange will close the interior an the end of day on the 31st of this month.
https://www.ocregister.com/2024/01/19/v ... -memories/ This is a paywalled article but a nice read if you subscribe.
storewanderer

Re: Village of Orange closing interior.

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: January 24th, 2024, 1:06 am Directory/map.

https://thevillageatorange.com/shop-dine-play/
OK< that makes it a touch clearer - the first post made it sound like an actual village was somehow closing part of itself off (since it didn't mention that this was a shopping area)!
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Retailuser »

Orange is a city in California not a village. The Village of Orange is a mall.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Retailuser wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:09 am Orange is a city in California not a village. The Village of Orange is a mall.
OK, not sure how people reading the boards from all over the USA would know that (or even that the post had anything to do with California - even the link with ocregister could be a paper in Ocean City or any other place that starts with OC) :)
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Retailuser »

I thought thet most of the people visiting here are from California. Am I wrong?
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

Retailuser wrote: January 26th, 2024, 1:17 pm I thought thet most of the people visiting here are from California. Am I wrong?
Not sure (seems that many are, but definitely not all). The forum covers the entirety of the US (as shown in the grocery section, where there are specific pages for each area) - however, this part doesn't break it down that way, just by category (like this being non-grocery retail news for the US & Canada, meaning it could be from anywhere).
HCal
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by HCal »

Retailuser wrote: January 26th, 2024, 1:17 pm I thought thet most of the people visiting here are from California. Am I wrong?
I have noticed that too. I would be curious to know if there is some reason for it. How did the active posters find this website? And why are people in other states not finding it?
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Retailuser »

http://www.retailwatchers.com/viewforum ... 52b4b64cb2 The California section dedicated to that state maybe?
Back on topic has anyone checked out that mall lately?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

HCal wrote: January 29th, 2024, 1:31 am
I have noticed that too. I would be curious to know if there is some reason for it. How did the active posters find this website? And why are people in other states not finding it?
The retail environment in California tends to be a lot more interesting than it is in a lot of other states. This site basically dovetailed from Groceteria.com and that site's content initially heavily focused on California grocery history as the foundation for the site before it continued to expand content to focus on grocery history outside the US as well.

Back to CA, there are better, nicer malls. There are a lot more grocery players. More department store players. More interesting architecture.

There has been more consolidation of chain grocery in California than anywhere else.

I think there are a lot of reasons.