Circle K Opening 60 Stores in Wisconsin

Alpha8472

Circle K Opening 60 Stores in Wisconsin

Post by Alpha8472 »

The 60 new stores will complement the 30 existing stores in the state over the next few years.

https://csnews.com/circle-k-grow-wiscon ... -60-stores
storewanderer

Re: Circle K Opening 60 Stores in Wisconsin

Post by storewanderer »

Kwik Trip will be very difficult for them to compete against. But many Kwik Trips do such high volumes that if they lost 10% of customers to a Circle K, that Circle K would be extremely high volume for Circle K. They will probably be able to compete on having a faster in/out than Kwik Trip and they could definitely throw some competition at Kwik Trip for their high dispensed beverage prices. Kwik Trip sells so much prepared food and cheaply priced dairy products/bakery products that they are really a different type of operation entirely than Circle K.
Romr123
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Romr123 »

Kwik Trip is more like a Braum's than a traditional C-store.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Romr123 wrote: January 27th, 2024, 9:42 am Kwik Trip is more like a Braum's than a traditional C-store.
They are in some ways the same. I think Kwik Trip manufactures their milk and bread (that is like Braum's)? I don't recall ice cream being a big deal at Kwik Trip, maybe I missed that. As far as hot food goes, everything is 100% self serve at Kwik Trip. Braum's is basically like a Baskin Robbins with burgers and a small store attached with milk/snacks/ice cream/produce/breads many of which are made by Braum's. Braum's small attached packaged goods stores don't do much sales volume and most of their sales are coming from the fast food/ice cream counter area.