CVS Closing 25 Minuteclinic locations in LA market, leaving only 11

norcalriteaidclerk
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: CVS Closing 25 Minuteclinic locations in LA market, leaving only 11

Post by norcalriteaidclerk »

Got an e-mail that the Health Hub CVS in Sacramento Campus Commons will soon remove its Minute Clinic,and the Minute Clinic at CVS in east Fair Oaks(8101 Greenback)has been 'temporarily closed' for a number of months now.
For your life,Thrifty and Payless have got it.
Jeff
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Jeff »

The CVS near me has had a rotating slew of failures in the back corner of the store next to the pharmacy. When they remodeled the store, it opened as a short lived hearing aid center. It sat vacant for years. Then it became an even shorter lived optometry area that was around less than a year. It's been vacant now for a couple years and has been the staging area for vaccines.

They never tried to have a minute clinic at any of the stores near me. I think my closest was Arcadia.

Edit: It is still my closest.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I received an email about a CVS Minute Clinic closing in Reno. That one is far from me; to get to it I would have to pass 2 other Minute Clinics. I haven't shopped in that store location in months either. Not sure why I got that e-mail. I've never used Minute Clinic.

Took a look at their locator. Well, I tried a few times. First few times the website was "down for maintenance." I don't really think it is good business for a service that relies on people to book appointments to have its website "down for maintenance" so often that my multiple attempts to visit the site were met with a down for maintenance notice multiple times. Was finally able to get onto the website and check locations. It appears all 3 Reno Minute Clinics and the 1 Sparks Minute Clinic have gone out of business.

But it shows a mystery Minute Clinic in Carson City. https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/clinic-locator/nv/ I have no clue where this is; it isn't in any of the CVS Stores. It says it is specifically for COVID Testing. Then when you click through it says they do not have any locations in Carson City... yeah... and they NEVER did.

Maybe if CVS ran things better, they wouldn't be closing these.
mburb1981
Produce Clerk
Produce Clerk

Post by mburb1981 »

According to the Minute Clinic website's locator, the one in Wyandotte, Michigan (Fort & Northline) has closed, unknown exactly when, but it was likely within the past few months. This was the only Minute Clinic location Downriver, but a few Minute Clinics remain open elsewhere in the Detroit metro area. The Wyandotte CVS itself remains open as of today.

3/25: As of two days ago, the Minute Clinic signs were still up on the exterior of this location.
Last edited by mburb1981 on March 25th, 2024, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Retailuser »

Bagels wrote: January 31st, 2024, 5:43 pm Here's an article from the LA Times with a full closure listing:
https://www.latimes.com/business/story/ ... geles-area

Looks like only the Irvine location will survive in Orange County which is ironic considering it never has any business.

I'm surprised CVS is still operating nearly 1,200 MinuteClinics nationally. After a wave of mass closures (over a decade ago), I thought the concept would be pretty much extinct. Walgreens and Rite Aid shuttered all of their clinics, while Kroger is barely clinging onto a handful. That's in spite of major insurers for many years waiving or reducing co-pays on visits to such clinics.
It looks like Seal Beach and Buena Park it still open.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Was in the 24 hour store CVS in Sparks today, last big former Sav-On in the area. The Minute Clinic was a huge space in the back middle of the store with a large open waiting area and a big "care concierge" counter. This entire area is now vacant and a sign posted just says Minute Clinic at this location is closed.

Despite being a "Health Hub" this store still has a liquor department. That department was locked/closed in the early afternoon today.

Not sure what "Health Hub" even means if Minute Clinic is closed? What does it mean exactly?
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

HealthHub was supposed to be a store where you could get healthcare such as Doctor's appointments, hearing tests, optical, etc.

The HealthHub in the former Longs Drugs Flagship store in Walnut Creek, used to have hearing tests, but that died a quick death. Now it has nothing. There are no hearing tests, no doctors, etc.

Hearing aids are now sold at drugstores or even Walmart without a hearing test.

CVS is not interested in the optical business. Walmart, Costco, Target, and Lenscrafters are the main popular places in many areas.

Walmart took back control of all of their Optical centers in February. Some used to be run by an outside company. Now they are run by Walmart.

Target still has an outside company running Target Optical.

HealthHub stores are pretty much meaningless now.