McDonalds- no menu board. Use kiosk or app.

storewanderer

McDonalds- no menu board. Use kiosk or app.

Post by storewanderer »

Is this chain just trying to alienate customers?
20240209_213557.jpg
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Re: McDonalds- no menu board. Use kiosk or app.

Post by SamSpade »

Blahhhhh.
This is just how it is now.
And that location might as well put in the cash vending machines too so they can really cut back on humans. Welcome to the AUTOMAT!
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

I've seen too many McDonald's where one or more screens are not even working, so I guess this is the answer? Pathetic.

Many of their cheap franchisee operators bought consumer grade TVs to use for these menu boards and such. The problem is that the lifespan of the consumer grade TV is not very long if left on 24/7 at ultra high brightness with poor air circulation. The manufacturers do make "business grade" TV monitors that are intended for these types of operations but they cost a lot more than your typical retail purchased TV.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

ClownLoach wrote: February 10th, 2024, 12:34 am I've seen too many McDonald's where one or more screens are not even working, so I guess this is the answer? Pathetic.

Many of their cheap franchisee operators bought consumer grade TVs to use for these menu boards and such. The problem is that the lifespan of the consumer grade TV is not very long if left on 24/7 at ultra high brightness with poor air circulation. The manufacturers do make "business grade" TV monitors that are intended for these types of operations but they cost a lot more than your typical retail purchased TV.
I could not believe it when I saw this.

The screens are there. Displaying this message. Just post the menu board... come on...

Maybe if the screens were broken and these were posters... okay... that is really poor maintenance but okay...

Or just take the screens out entirely, rip out the counter that is never staffed anyway, and hope enough people can deal with the kiosk on their own.

I'm starting to understand why they take away self serve drink bars and condiment bars too. They do not want to have customer interaction other than to hand out orders. Drink bars and condiment bars require an employee to clean/maintain those areas and monitor them.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Mcdonald's believes that everyone prefers self checkout. You don't have to wait in line and you can have a bunch of people checking out at the same time.

If you took away the self checkout kiosk, people would revolt and go to another restaurant.

That single queue McDonald's setup really makes people think the line is so long, but self checkout has no line and you can go to any kiosk.

The McDonald's menu is so bland these days. They haven't come out with anything really new in years. It is all the same menu as always, and yet people flock to the restaurant and the drive thru lines are long. Why innovate when people keep lining up for the same stuff?
Super S

Post by Super S »

The thing that I have been wondering, is how long will it be before they attempt some kind of kiosk in the drive-thru? This seems to be the direction they want to go.

So far, I haven't had issues ordering from an actual person inside, but will also say that I typically only visit McDonald's for breakfast. If I am forced to use a kiosk, I will not return.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by veteran+ »

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All this nonsense with fast food restaurants just so folks can fill their arteries with garbage.

The things we do to ourselves and/or the things we let others do to us......................

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
pseudo3d

Post by pseudo3d »

Alpha8472 wrote: February 10th, 2024, 3:10 am The McDonald's menu is so bland these days. They haven't come out with anything really new in years. It is all the same menu as always, and yet people flock to the restaurant and the drive thru lines are long. Why innovate when people keep lining up for the same stuff?
It is frustrating. Half the menu was killed for COVID and never brought back, and they're stifling the franchisees, which once gave the chain unique locations and items.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

pseudo3d wrote: February 10th, 2024, 11:57 am
Alpha8472 wrote: February 10th, 2024, 3:10 am The McDonald's menu is so bland these days. They haven't come out with anything really new in years. It is all the same menu as always, and yet people flock to the restaurant and the drive thru lines are long. Why innovate when people keep lining up for the same stuff?
It is frustrating. Half the menu was killed for COVID and never brought back, and they're stifling the franchisees, which once gave the chain unique locations and items.
Some of the franchisees have messed pricing up so bad I question if the brand is broken beyond repair in the US. Need a major corporate takeover of thousands of units to fix operations, fix pricing, and then refranchise stores with much tighter standards.

Problem here is the picture I posted here last night- the franchisee clearly didn't make those screen images. Those clearly come from corporate... the franchisee chose to post the screen images (if I were the franchisee I'd refuse to post those)... what is the imposition of posting a menu board on your already existing screens? None.
reymann
Personnel Manager
Personnel Manager

Post by reymann »

one of the mcdonalds in fresno has signs encouraging everyone to order off the kiosks and there are now rumors that dining room hours are going to be reduced with the minimum wage increase kicking in soon. i feel like contactless drive thrus are going to be next to encourage prepayment.