Smiths Remodel-Carson City, NV

Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. No non-grocery posts.
bryceleinan
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Re: Smiths Remodel-Carson City, NV

Post by bryceleinan »

I went into the Carson Smith's on my lunch break the other day, and that store was nothing but a train wreck with the remodeling. Front end associates were extremely rude as they herded us like cattle to the self-checkouts. Plus, the store doesn't have many shopping carts - store manager said many were stolen, and waiting on replacements. Hopefully the remodel can fix some of the issues.
storewanderer

Re: Smiths Remodel-Carson City, NV

Post by storewanderer »

bryceleinan wrote: March 31st, 2024, 6:04 pm I went into the Carson Smith's on my lunch break the other day, and that store was nothing but a train wreck with the remodeling. Front end associates were extremely rude as they herded us like cattle to the self-checkouts. Plus, the store doesn't have many shopping carts - store manager said many were stolen, and waiting on replacements. Hopefully the remodel can fix some of the issues.
The attitude of the employees in that store is really something else. If you think it is bad at lunch break (which it is), you should interact with the ones in the evening... I hope to not interact. Had a scanning error that I did not notice until after paying (I will NOT make that mistake again at this place) and was told by a supervisor I'd have to wait 10 minutes for the service desk employee who was outside on break to help with that. And there were already 2 other customers lined up there waiting at that counter when I was told to go over to it. I didn't go for that and was helped and it was fine but the fact that I had to practically beg the supervisor to help me was very trying.

The store was a complete mess when I went in last week one night. But all of the aisles were full and shelves stocked. Produce area was filled up. Meat was stocked. There were probably 30 construction workers moving around doing various things. The floors are disgustingly dirty and it appears not being cleaned during this process; at this point the sooner they get the floor off the better.

I was wondering if carts were used to help with the center store reset... I noticed few carts available when I was there yet not many customers shopping using carts and didn't notice a lot out in the parking lot either (there were some in the lot but not many). I don't know how so many carts could get stolen there so quickly; they had plenty of carts a few weeks ago.