7-Eleven Really Hates Wyoming

Gas stations & convenience stores (AM/PM, 7-Eleven, etc.)
storewanderer

Re: 7-Eleven Really Hates Wyoming

Post by storewanderer »

SamSpade wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 10:57 am
storewanderer wrote: March 21st, 2024, 9:00 pm
Bluelightspecial wrote: March 21st, 2024, 8:36 pm So they are branding these as Albertsons fuel stations even when it is right across the street from a Safeway branded store?.... I know it's the same company, but doesn't seem consistent.
But it is in the parking lot of an Albertsons branded store? Why wouldn't they brand it Albertsons in that case (Baker City)?

Safeway is across the street and evidently there is no plan to convert the Albertsons there to a Safeway. Baker City isn't that far from Boise.
Off Topic
The original plan was to give Baker City two Safeway stores after Albertsons Co's. re-leased the one they pawned off to Haggen. The community made an uproar so the Portland division (who operates both) opened the "Albertsons" as such. I'm not sure if they were hoping to close one as a lease expired or if the community of approximately 10,000 really needed two supermarkets. (there is also now a nearby Grocery Outlet, built from the ground up)
The Albertsons building is big enough that it is adequate and they could close the Safeway. It would be a very productive store. The Safeway alone is very inadequate, much too small, that was an interesting situation there where they divested the "nicer" of the two stores to Haggen. They did that in Grants Pass too. Of course they ended up with this Baker City and the outer Grants Pass late model Albertsons back (didn't bother keeping the mid 90's low volume Albertsons closer to the middle of Grants Pass and instead kept two very lousy but better located Safeways), so I think they knew exactly what they were doing.