99 cents only calls it quits

storewanderer

Re: 99 cents only calls it quits

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: April 5th, 2024, 10:38 am
storewanderer wrote: April 4th, 2024, 11:51 pm Also they announced this late this afternoon and liquidation sales start tomorrow morning...?
Maybe this is the "missing link" for those sign people that looked like they were connected to Rite Aid?

Thus, they had an idea it might very well happen and that is why they wanted people ready to go since it would be starting very quickly?
No, because the sign people were seeking sign walkers in OR,WA,ID. 99 Only is not in those states.

The sign people were not seeking sign walkers on TX, AZ, or NV and 99 Only is in those states.

Also the rural communities which was hundreds of rural communities seeking sign walkers don't have any 99 Only. 99 Only does not operate in rural communities typically they are in 30k+ population areas.

But whatever people they recruited in some parts of CA for those Craigslist ads, some of them in the larger areas will now have a project to be put on.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Some of the locations - not the inner city locations - in suburban & exurban areas are going to be hot commodities for new tenants. Especially in expanding areas like the Temecula Valley where very few storefronts are vacant.

In my city, Menifee, California, Trader Joe's has unsuccessfully been seeking a location (until now only a former Rite Aid - in a Stater Bros. shopping center - has been available & Stater's has an exclusive). Local politicos I've chatted with today believe they will aggressively be in the running for the location in my city. It has a beer & wine license, is a portion of a former Albertsons, plus there is a gym in the center already so no competition from them. Plus a Grocery Outlet is soon to be built just over a block away on the opposite side of the street so they won't be in play for it.
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Retailuser »

There are NOT doing closeout sales yet. I visited the Chandler AZ location and no sales everything at full price.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

A 99 Cent Only Store with a liquor license?
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Retailuser wrote: April 5th, 2024, 12:49 pm There are NOT doing closeout sales yet. I visited the Chandler AZ location and no sales everything at full price.
It's on their website. It's on the Facebook page. Up to 30% off. Today.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

CalItalian wrote: April 5th, 2024, 2:19 pm
Retailuser wrote: April 5th, 2024, 12:49 pm There are NOT doing closeout sales yet. I visited the Chandler AZ location and no sales everything at full price.
No sale in Reno this morning. I bought items. Full price. 9 day refund policy still printed on receipt. I'll check later.

Hilco the liquidator press release said sales started today and all sales final from today forward.
CalItalian
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by CalItalian »

Alpha8472 wrote: April 5th, 2024, 1:34 pm A 99 Cent Only Store with a liquor license?
Yes. A few do. Many sell beer & wine.
https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/201 ... ght-booze/
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Retailuser »

The one in Chandler has beer and wine.
Retailuser
Service Clerk
Service Clerk

Post by Retailuser »

storewanderer wrote: April 5th, 2024, 2:21 pm
CalItalian wrote: April 5th, 2024, 2:19 pm
No sale in Reno this morning. I bought items. Full price. 9 day refund policy still printed on receipt. I'll check later.

Hilco the liquidator press release said sales started today and all sales final from today forward.
Maybe some locations will not be having it and move all of the items to other stores.
jamcool
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by jamcool »

Ollie’s could be interested in some of the non California 99c locations, especially in Texas (where they have existing locations).