Arby's Free Sandwich Each Week In April

Alpha8472

Arby's Free Sandwich Each Week In April

Post by Alpha8472 »

Rewards Members get a free sandwich each week in April with any online purchase.

Arby's must be trying to get people to order online. It must save a ton of labor.

https://www.brandeating.com/2024/04/arb ... -2024.html
storewanderer

Re: Arby's Free Sandwich Each Week In April

Post by storewanderer »

I think you had to redeem the offer this week (so, by tomorrow) in order to get the offers for the rest of the month.

The app is still "broken" in that it doesn't send any sandwich customizations via app or website (tried both) to the restaurant, at least in the Reno unit. What is weird is customizations do print on the receipt, but do not display on the computer screen at the prep area or the bagging area. So nothing gets made right if you do any customization.
mbz321
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by mbz321 »

I got my free Gyro this evening! I doubt I'll use this promo every week as Arby's are few and far between in my area.

The app definitely isn't the greatest..it encourages you to walk in to pick up your order vs. using the Drive Thru (although I'm sure they would have just handed it to me at the drive thru, the line had several cars in it and I didn't want to mess up their flow).
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

What is the "Gyro Meat?"

When I tried that product I got the Roast Beef version..
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Arby's calls it Gryo Meat. Gyros are supposed to be beef and lamb. Lamb would affect the profit margins.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

Alpha8472 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:22 am Arby's calls it Gryo Meat. Gyros are supposed to be beef and lamb. Lamb would affect the profit margins.
The menu has either a Roast Beef Gyro (what I ordered) or a "Gyro" (with "Gyro Meat."). Their app doesn't seem to state what is the Gyro Meat.

I wonder how lamb pricing is doing relative to beef/pork lately with how those have gone up so much. I so rarely see enough lamb in local stores to pay attention to pricing, I will have to make a point to look.
SamSpade
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by SamSpade »

Off Topic
storewanderer wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:53 pm What is the "Gyro Meat?"
Arby's is surprisingly open about their ingredients (many chains seem to have pulled back from this):
Gyro Meat: Beef, Water, Bread Crumbs (bleached wheat flour, dextrose, salt, yeast), Lamb, Soy Protein Concentrate, Cereal Binder (corn, wheat, rye, oat and rice flours), Contains Less than 2% of: Salt, Seasoning (spices, garlic powder, onion powder, soybean oil),Yeast Extract, Disodium Inosinate & Guanylate.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

SamSpade wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:00 pm
Off Topic
storewanderer wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:53 pm What is the "Gyro Meat?"
Arby's is surprisingly open about their ingredients (many chains seem to have pulled back from this):
Gyro Meat: Beef, Water, Bread Crumbs (bleached wheat flour, dextrose, salt, yeast), Lamb, Soy Protein Concentrate, Cereal Binder (corn, wheat, rye, oat and rice flours), Contains Less than 2% of: Salt, Seasoning (spices, garlic powder, onion powder, soybean oil),Yeast Extract, Disodium Inosinate & Guanylate.
Almost like making a beef and lamb loaf (like a meatloaf would be made). That would also allow them to still include the traditional lamb at a lower cost, since they could use the "scraps" from others making chops and such if it is being ground up and mixed.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The Beef Gyro is only beef while the other Gyro Meat could be a mix with little to a lot of lamb. I would suspect it would be on the little side regarding the amount of lamb.