Placerville new stores and restaurants

FrankMoore99
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Placerville new stores and restaurants

Post by FrankMoore99 »

If you read an article about what new businesses should come to Placerville: https://haydenbusinessblog.blogspot.com ... -rite.html. Or are weary about the store closures that have taken place or are taking place in the past few months and want something positive as I do, you might be interested in what new businesses are actually opening or just opened in Placerville.

1. Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts. This will be the return of Baskin Robbins in Placerville, since they closed their location on Broadway a few years back, and the first time Dunkin Donuts has operated in Placerville. They are opening their location at the site of the former Union Bank in Prospector's Plaza (the Target center).

2. Harbor Freight Tools. They are planning on opening their Placerville location on April 20th. They are going to be in the Grocery Outlet/Dollar Tree shopping center, as part of the major upgrade finally happening to that shopping center. https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/ ... ville.html

3. Aspen Dental. This one is funny because it will be right next to the Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts I just mentioned opening. A trip to the donut and ice cream store leads to a trip to the dentist.

4. Quick Quack Car Wash. This popular car wash chain is making a splash into El Dorado County with working on their location on the land of the former Bank of America at Prospector's Plaza. And there are a few other Quick Quack Car Wash locations planned in the county in Cameron Park and El Dorado Hills (Not sure if all the planned locations will get built since they are close to each other and it appears one of the sites planned for one is apparently taken for a self storage place on Green Valley Rd in El Dorado Hills.)

5. The Crossings at El Dorado shopping center: Several new stores and restaurants proposed. https://www.cbre.com/resources/fileasse ... 908619.pdf.

Recently opened:
1. Flourless Bakery. This one is located at 451 Main St, Placerville, CA 95667 in Old Town Placerville and it is a treat being a gluten free bakery, being able to try delicious pastries that cater to the gluten free diet, which I, the author, have.

2. Jersey Mikes Subs. They are located next to CVS in the Prospector's Plaza shopping center. They opened in the summer of last year.

3. Dutch Bros Coffee. They are on Missouri Flat Road as part of the long-progressing Crossings at El Dorado shopping center. They opened last year.

For future businesses or rumored businesses, there were talks when Target first decided to open in Placerville about Chili's, Mod Pizza, and Old Navy wanting to join Target. https://gryphon-capital.com/press/more- ... s-suggest/. That obviously has not happened, but are these stores and restaurants still looking at Placerville for future locations??
storewanderer

Re: Placerville new stores and restaurants

Post by storewanderer »

Harbor Freight is opening a lot of locations and I am starting to wonder if they are overexpanding. I notice the buildings they go into are usually vacant for quite a while, so they may have some strong negotiating tactics to get rents so low that they can do okay on very low volume.
cathandler
Front-End Supervisor
Front-End Supervisor

Post by cathandler »

One particular gaping void in Placerville is seafood restaurants. A friend of mine who lived there for many years moved to Idaho recently and was taken aback by the much greater prevalence of seafood establishments.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I'd like to see WinCo get a location in Placerville. I don't see much of anything suitable.