New Albertsons Interior Southern California

California. No non-grocery posts.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: New Albertsons Interior Southern California

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

marketreportblog wrote: May 7th, 2024, 1:46 pm Oddly, the new ACME in East Norriton doesn't have that decor.
That interior reminds me of the upscale version of the Albertsons “Broadway” interior: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/alberts ... YqO6MgclEw
@storewanderer calls it the Larry interior.
brendenmoney
Stock Clerk
Stock Clerk

Post by brendenmoney »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 11:36 am
marketreportblog wrote: May 7th, 2024, 1:46 pm Oddly, the new ACME in East Norriton doesn't have that decor.
That interior reminds me of the upscale version of the Albertsons “Broadway” interior: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/alberts ... YqO6MgclEw
It certainly does. As people have mentioned, I believe the interior that the East Norriton ACME has is a Shop Rite interior with most aspects such as wall signage being carried over to ACME (it looks like Albertsons put up new aisle signage and repainted the store, but most of the wall signage looks the same). Perhaps Shop Rite renovated this store at some point to have decor similar to Broadway since there were some ACME's that were renovated to Broadway in the early 2000's.

Also, does anyone know why ACME took over the East Norriton Shop Rite? Like was it a lease issue or did Shop Rite deem the store unprofitable?
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: May 9th, 2024, 11:36 am
That interior is a Shop Rite interior. But it sure looks like upscale Larry- same wall fonts.

The checkstand lights and aisle hangers are from Acme. I am assuming those must have had Shop Rite logos.

It looks like Acme is doing a good job with that store. Perimeter departments look full. Store looks healthy.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

brendenmoney wrote: May 9th, 2024, 12:24 pm It certainly does. As people have mentioned, I believe the interior that the East Norriton ACME has is a Shop Rite interior with most aspects such as wall signage being carried over to ACME (it looks like Albertsons put up new aisle signage and repainted the store, but most of the wall signage looks the same). Perhaps Shop Rite renovated this store at some point to have decor similar to Broadway since there were some ACME's that were renovated to Broadway in the early 2000's.

Also, does anyone know why ACME took over the East Norriton Shop Rite? Like was it a lease issue or did Shop Rite deem the store unprofitable?
The big department signs are definitely left over, given the writing on the picture parts (Always Fresh, Always for Less) - that's a ShopRite song ;)

Much of the other is probably as well but the overall design is different than what we have up this way (which is logical due to the variety of ownerships in ShopRite) - the only obviously new signs are the Frosted Mug and the lettering on the front wall (maybe customer service as well).

No clue as to why ShopRite closed/left that store.
marketreportblog
Front-End Supervisor
Front-End Supervisor

Post by marketreportblog »

BillyGr wrote: May 10th, 2024, 1:48 pm
brendenmoney wrote: May 9th, 2024, 12:24 pm It certainly does. As people have mentioned, I believe the interior that the East Norriton ACME has is a Shop Rite interior with most aspects such as wall signage being carried over to ACME (it looks like Albertsons put up new aisle signage and repainted the store, but most of the wall signage looks the same). Perhaps Shop Rite renovated this store at some point to have decor similar to Broadway since there were some ACME's that were renovated to Broadway in the early 2000's.

The big department signs are definitely left over, given the writing on the picture parts (Always Fresh, Always for Less) - that's a ShopRite song ;)

Much of the other is probably as well but the overall design is different than what we have up this way (which is logical due to the variety of ownerships in ShopRite) - the only obviously new signs are the Frosted Mug and the lettering on the front wall (maybe customer service as well).

No clue as to why ShopRite closed/left that store.
Right, most of East Norriton's decor is left over from ShopRite, but I imagine since the store is being renovated now, it'll be changed. Then again, the only other ACME I'm aware of being renovated right now is in Saddle Brook, NJ, and it doesn't look like the decor will be changed -- looks like they're focusing on fixtures and lighting and things like that (hopefully flooring, too).

As for why ShopRite closed, there's no concrete info out there. I remember people on Facebook saying rent increased more than Brown's was willing to pay, but their statement on the store's closure provided no details at all.