New Large Format Target coming to Jurupa Valley

California. No non-grocery posts.
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

New Large Format Target coming to Jurupa Valley

Post by ClownLoach »

Target has broken ground on a new 151,000 square foot store in Jurupa Valley. This will be the first new build new large prototype Target in California. It will be opening in early 2025 in a center called "The Shops at Jurupa Valley." Other tenants will include Burlington, Aldi, Ross, In-N-Out, Five Below, Autozone, and Pollo Campero.

(Note: Target has not posted the store yet so I reviewed planning meetings etc. and found reference to a 151K "general retail" building. Based on the site plan on the city website it appears to match that 151K footage which would likely be the first newly built Target in that size range to be built in 20 years in California aside from the Hollywood store that sat in limbo forever)
storewanderer

Re: New Large Format Target coming to Jurupa Valley

Post by storewanderer »

Unless it is one of those new build Wal Marts...

I don't think Wal Mart would go in with all those tenants.

I do see there is a new Wal Mart Supercenter of 170k square feet being built in Eastvale though.

Good to see the fantastic growth efforts by our publicly traded grocery chains in this growing area as well... Oh wait. Well at least someone is building stores. Just about everyone BUT the publicly traded grocery chains...
ClownLoach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ClownLoach »

storewanderer wrote: May 9th, 2024, 11:55 pm Unless it is one of those new build Wal Marts...

I don't think Wal Mart would go in with all those tenants.

I do see there is a new Wal Mart Supercenter of 170k square feet being built in Eastvale though.

Good to see the fantastic growth efforts by our publicly traded grocery chains in this growing area as well... Oh wait. Well at least someone is building stores. Just about everyone BUT the publicly traded grocery chains...
No, it is Target and the City celebrated the groundbreaking two weeks ago including sketches of the exterior. When I referred to "general retail" it was because I couldn't find a clear statement like "Target 151K square feet" in the early plan info when tenant names were not yet revealed. It also appears that they originally were going to build as a smaller format but then scaled up to the new large prototype, which aligns with the reported strategy change that they're done with small formats except in rare instances like the coup they pulled getting the Saks site on Waikiki.

Stater has new or next to new stores all around that Eastvale/Ontario/Rancho/Chino area and keeps building.
BatteryMill
Shift Manager
Shift Manager

Post by BatteryMill »

Do like to see the large amount of new large-format Targets coming through. Though I much prefer the architecture they had before.