Short-lived GNC logo?

Super S

Short-lived GNC logo?

Post by Super S »

I posted a few weeks ago about my visit to the South Shore Mall in Aberdeen, WA. The mall is dying. However, one of the remaining stores is a GNC store. What caught my attention though was the fact that this store had a very short-lived logo, which has a type of lowercase "n" in the middle, with a person in it. GNC went back to a variation of their original logo which is still in use today. This is actually the only location that I have seen with this logo on the store itself. I searched for it tonight, and can't find an image online, which tells me that this logo was not well-accepted. I didn't have a camera with me that day, but now wish I had a picture.

Anyway, if anybody else can remember this logo, I was wondering when exactly it was in use? I do remember seeing it on one of their ads or something. My guess would be around the mid-1990s. If this particular location opened with the mall, the signage would have been changed at some point. The fact that the mall is not doing well would explain not updating the signs.

I do find it very interesting though how their long-running logo very closely resembles that of the GMC Truck division of General Motors. Makes me wonder if the other logo was developed due to that, or for another reason.
Super S

Re: Short-lived GNC logo?

Post by Super S »

I actually found a picture of the store in the mall on Yelp with the logo I am speaking of:
Attachments
GNC short lived logo.jpg