Latest Fred Meyer remodels

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

Latest Fred Meyer remodels

Post by Super S »

Within the past week, I stopped at the Fred Meyer in Warrenton, Oregon, a 1990s build, that I have not been inside of in several years. It looks like it received a fairly recent remodel. One big change I noticed was the removal of the suspended ceiling, and all new lighting. However, I noticed a couple things not present on the last few Fred Meyer remodels I have seen. Mainly, the fact that this store received all new floor tile, instead of the polished concrete that has been part of their remodels over the past few years. In my opinion, this makes the whole store look better. I am not a fan of polished concrete floors, especially when in some locations, you can clearly tell where they ripped up tile, but more importantly, that type of floor just doesn't seem to age well and looks worn in a short time. I also noticed a different look to the apparel section, which did have slightly different lighting, but also had a good portion which did not have a suspended ceiling. But one oddity I also noticed was randomly placed hanging chandeliers, which looked a bit out of place. I did not make it to the grocery area, but noticed that they did have self checkouts in use at the home/apparel entrance in addition to the regular cashiers, which is not all that common at Fred Meyer outside of the grocery department. Overall, this one looked much nicer than some of the remodels over the last few years.