Albertsons Twin Falls- remodeled (sort of)

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
retailfanmitchell019
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Re: Albertsons Twin Falls- remodeled (sort of)

Post by retailfanmitchell019 »

[quote=storewanderer post_id=41164 time=1666067712 user_id=56
This Albertsons until the Supervalu cheap remodel had the early 80's interior if you can believe it.
[/quote]
In 2004 or so, Albertsons wanted to tear down and rebuild their Twin Falls store, that project was aborted.
storewanderer

Re: Albertsons Twin Falls- remodeled (sort of)

Post by storewanderer »

retailfanmitchell019 wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 10:51 am [quote=storewanderer post_id=41164 time=1666067712 user_id=56
This Albertsons until the Supervalu cheap remodel had the early 80's interior if you can believe it.
In 2004 or so, Albertsons wanted to tear down and rebuild their Twin Falls store, that project was aborted.
[/quote]

There was a Rite Aid next to it, I forget when that was sold to Walgreens. I think it was sold when Rite Aid sold the San Francisco Stores to Walgreens.

I expect some Associated Food Stores client will be divested this Albertsons but it isn't a great store so it will be interesting to see what happens. It is a good location there. No pharmacy is an issue (many Associated Food Stores independents do have pharmacies). I think this might be the only divest in Southern Idaho. Might need to divest 1 Albertsons in Idaho Falls but I think they can probably argue out of it- guess closing that Smiths in Idaho Falls will come in handy for this purpose.