Lucky Daly City - Closed for remodeling?

California. No non-grocery posts.
storewanderer

Lucky Daly City - Closed for remodeling?

Post by storewanderer »

I tried to go to the Lucky in Daly City tonight which I believe was one of the better volume Lucky Stores. Google was showing it closed which confused me, so I drove over anyway. The sign was off the building. I went up to the entrance and it says the pharmacy and bank are open but the store closed for remodeling in March and will reopen sometime this summer.

From what I could see looking inside it appears they have installed new Pergo-looking flooring, rearranged shelves and aisle layouts, and put some new signs up inside.

I wonder what they are up to. I have not seen Save Mart remodel much of anything and never seen them close a store to do a remodel. Even the Food Maxx conversions only involved a few days closure to switch prices. I wonder why they have been willing to walk millions of dollars in sales to do this Daly City remodel.
klkla

Re: Lucky Daly City - Closed for remodeling?

Post by klkla »

Remodels can be completed much quicker if the store is closed. That could be one reason.
The other is that work being done may be too dangerous or require that power be turned off in which case the store would have to be closed.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

This is quite an odd situation. It is hard to say why they closed the store. Save Mart has done some Save Mart/Lucky to Food Maxx conversions and only closed the stores for a few days to do tag changeovers (they do remove the floor and even remove deli in these conversions so quite a bit of work is done while the store is operating).

In any case it is also significant Save Mart is remodeling a store...
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by steps »

Save Mart introduces new Lucky California concept -
Save Mart Supermarkets said Wednesday it has unveiled a new concept — called Lucky California — at one of it Lucky-banner stores, designed to serve the specific needs of customers in the San Francisco Bay Area. The company plans to test and tweak the concept at the initial location — in Daly City, Calif., about 10 miles south of San Francisco — before rolling it out to other Lucky units, with the intention of converting all 72 Bay Area Luckys to new Lucky California

Read More: http://supermarketnews.com/retail-finan ... z3emggdFYh
steps
Receiving Clerk
Receiving Clerk

Post by steps »

klkla

Post by klkla »