Raley's Decor

California. No non-grocery posts.
Alpha8472

Raley's Decor

Post by Alpha8472 »

I have seen photos of a former Ralphs modified by Raley's with some Raley's decor. Raley's seems to like to put brown ceramic tiles in their stores. I think that the Ralphs floor looked fine. In fact, I really liked the decorative Ralphs floors the best.

The Raley's decor seems to have some kind of dark Tim Burton-style scary movie text. What surprised me were the quotes on the wall that were somewhat biblical.
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa11 ... oto014.jpg
storewanderer

Re: Raley's Decor

Post by storewanderer »

I tried to post links to the comparable Ralphs photo taken as Ralphs was liquidating the goods in that store. My photos of the Ralphs were not very good. Those were some of my first attempts at interior store photography using a no flash no preview screen handheld camera that was very low resolution but did the job at the time given that I was chicken about taking pictures inside a store.

The store is very cluttered now, as Raleys. When it was Ralphs, it was very nice and had a very well-organized feel. Now it feels cluttered. Raleys seems to have more merchandise than Ralphs, especially spread around the perimeter.

I'm surprised they replaced the floor. I'll take what Raleys did over a cement floor any way. The Ralphs wall letters were removed and that may be why Raleys even put any up.

Raleys did not move any perimeter departments or refrigeration. In fact, the perimeter departments are (except natural foods) basically displayed and merchandised in an identical manner to Ralphs.