McDonald’s Grimace Meal

storewanderer

Re: McDonald’s Grimace Meal

Post by storewanderer »

Was at a McDonalds today. Handwritten signs posted:

No Milkshakes/Ice Cream Due to Milk Shortage. Milk not on truck.

Okay, I guess at least the machine wasn't broken this time. I didn't even know the machines used "milk." I thought it was a soft serve pre-mix.

I guess the folks who ordered the $15 Grimace Meal there really got screwed.
cjd
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by cjd »

Alpha8472 wrote: July 5th, 2023, 12:35 pm If they put a deadline more people will buy it thinking it is going to be gone forever. Then they will probably bring it back in a few months and more people will buy it like crazy.
I figure they’ll bring another promotion for a different character.
Bagels
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by Bagels »

Grimace is saying his goodbyes on McD's Twitter account, so presumably this promotion is ending.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Until Evil Grimace appears.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: July 5th, 2023, 10:55 pm Was at a McDonalds today. Handwritten signs posted:

Okay, I guess at least the machine wasn't broken this time. I didn't even know the machines used "milk." I thought it was a soft serve pre-mix.

It probably is some type of mix, but likely made by the same dairy, so if they didn't get anything from them there would be none of either milk, shake, ice cream.

Not sure why anyone would have an issue - they simply wouldn't let them order something that they don't have :)
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I tried to order on the app and some McDonald's say that it is temporarily not available. Some locations said the Grimace Nugget meal was out of stock and you had to order the more expensive Grimace Big Mac meal. However, I could order chicken mcnuggets on their own. The restaurant really isn't out of stock on mcnuggets.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: July 6th, 2023, 4:26 pm
storewanderer wrote: July 5th, 2023, 10:55 pm Was at a McDonalds today. Handwritten signs posted:

It probably is some type of mix, but likely made by the same dairy, so if they didn't get anything from them there would be none of either milk, shake, ice cream.

Not sure why anyone would have an issue - they simply wouldn't let them order something that they don't have :)
The Grimace Meal was available on the app, and kiosk, including milkshake, to be ordered at that time I was there at that location.
BillyGr
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by BillyGr »

storewanderer wrote: July 7th, 2023, 6:20 pm
BillyGr wrote: July 6th, 2023, 4:26 pm

The Grimace Meal was available on the app, and kiosk, including milkshake, to be ordered at that time I was there at that location.
OK, so if those let someone order it, they would have to give them back the difference, as they can't legally charge for something they are not able to sell!
If they refused to do so, let the police take care of it (they'll give you the money back rather than getting charged with a crime!).

Or, just be smart and order with a real person, who won't take the order if it can't be filled (and yes, they will in fact take your order, no matter what they may suggest otherwise).
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

BillyGr wrote: July 8th, 2023, 8:30 am

OK, so if those let someone order it, they would have to give them back the difference, as they can't legally charge for something they are not able to sell!
If they refused to do so, let the police take care of it (they'll give you the money back rather than getting charged with a crime!).

Or, just be smart and order with a real person, who won't take the order if it can't be filled (and yes, they will in fact take your order, no matter what they may suggest otherwise).
Yes, that is what should happen. However these McDonalds have a posted policy that states managers cannot give refunds and you have to call the franchisee's office for any issues which is open a few days a week from like 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM. I'd like to say it has short hours because they are out spending time in the locations. I don't think the police would get involved in that sort of a matter in my area.

Typically what they will do immediately in the restaurant if the app/website lets you order an unavailable item is substitute an item of similar/comparable value. It is a lot easier to resolve these situations inside the restaurant as opposed to at the drive through.
Brian Lutz
Store Manager
Store Manager

Post by Brian Lutz »

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/27/mcdonal ... nings.html

Apparently the Grimace's Birthday promotion was a successful one for McDonald's, as it was cited as a significant factor in their 11.7% YOY sales growth in the second quarter, beating Wall Street estimates.