KFC & A&W Remodeling

drpep
Cart Collector
Cart Collector

Re: KFC & A&W Remodeling

Post by drpep »

A&W in Cortland, New York still has carhop design. Didn’t see anyone on skates. Inside you call or order on a phone.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

The images on google show waitresses taking orders and delivering food to your cars. I would love to visit this one. It is like it is frozen in time.
storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

The Lodi A&W doesn't have the carhops anymore but the location has a ton of old marketing stuff inside.

I think it is the original A&W?

Noticed today the KFC in South Lake Tahoe went out of business. Odd as it was a newer location that replaced two much older locations. That is the end of KFC at Lake Tahoe (there were once two locations in South Lake Tahoe, one in Truckee, and one in Kings Beach). That is the Reno franchisee and they've never closed a location in Reno except when they lost one due to a redevelopment.
marshd1000
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager

Post by marshd1000 »

storewanderer wrote: February 29th, 2020, 10:52 pm The Lodi A&W doesn't have the carhops anymore but the location has a ton of old marketing stuff inside.

I think it is the original A&W?

Noticed today the KFC in South Lake Tahoe went out of business. Odd as it was a newer location that replaced two much older locations. That is the end of KFC at Lake Tahoe (there were once two locations in South Lake Tahoe, one in Truckee, and one in Kings Beach). That is the Reno franchisee and they've never closed a location in Reno except when they lost one due to a redevelopment.
Lodi, California is is the city that A&W was founded. However the current A&W in Lodi is not the original location. There is a plaque in the sidewalk in Downtown Lodi that marks the founding location of A&W. However the current location is very cool and is an A&W shrine. Lots of retro A&W memorabilia with things from both A&W US and A&W Canada! If you are in the area, it’s worth a stop! I was there last year!