Pavilions in Rancho Mirage

California. No non-grocery posts.
veteran+
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Pavilions in Rancho Mirage

Post by veteran+ »

I went to this newly converted store into a Haggens and there were NO discernible changes that a shopper would immediately take notice of.

I was the Manager there at one time and of course noticed some minor changes ;-)

This large store had been expensively remodeled (we did not get our money's worth, LOL) and is the updated and newest Lifestyle format.

Side note: The front of building signage is curiously small and thin.......odd!

This neighborhood is the exact demographics for Haggen that, honestly, Pavilions should have expertly taken care of instead of offering a Vons with a Pavilions name badge. In season the store was doing about $750,000. per week (not so any longer, I hear).

Yes the prices were higher but THIS neighborhood will not mind IF..........they are receiving the service and experience that they demand. And trust me they will demand! I have never managed a store that was as difficult (customer wise) as this one........except maybe in Miami Beach Fl. when it was highly populated by Jewish folks (not disrespectful, they were just very demanding.....lol).

If Haggen does not do it correctly here.........they are in real trouble because that means they either do not have the resources (distribution, product selection, all logistics, local talent, et al) OR they do not know how to take care of the very customer that they claim to be famous for taking care of.

Stores like this are an excellent litmus test for Haggens intrepid (or reckless) undertaking outside of their hometown area!