Kroger's plans for QFC

Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. No non-grocery posts.
Super S

Kroger's plans for QFC

Post by Super S »

It seems to me that QFC is scaling back their stores in the Portland/Vancouver area. I don't hear much in the way of radio advertisements (which are still present on Seattle radio staions) and a few stores have shut down, one in Vancouver, and a couple in Gresham. Some of these stores are located close to Fred Meyer stores. What is Kroger planning to do with QFC outside of the Seattle market?
storewanderer

Re: Kroger's plans for QFC

Post by storewanderer »

When I was in Portland in late 2007, they had remodeled all of the remaining stores and one had a remodel in process. I didn't see the point to the QFC Stores then and still don't really see it. A couple of the locations were very, very small stores too.

I'm surprised QFC was running radio advertisements at all in Portland given their low store count there. That seems like a waste of money. Plus, with how their stores were located, they seemed like the type of places that would attract customers from the surrounding neighborhoods but not much beyond them. Those stores weren't located in what I call highly traveled locations.