Wendy's New Logo

Alpha8472

Re: Wendy's New Logo

Post by Alpha8472 »

I just received a bag from Wendy's that features the new Wendy's logo. Other than that, the only other place that I saw a new logo was on an ad for Wendy's kids meal.

storewanderer

Post by storewanderer »

I went to Wendys last night and the bag had this new logo.

Fries that did not taste about 30 minutes old would have been more important to me than a new logo.

Self serve drinks would have been nice, too, but no such luck.

Oh, and they had to walk my credit card over to the drive through to run it through their lone credit card terminal that was plugged into the phone jack.

This is a location that is less than 10 years old, too.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

Wendy's is notorious for its inconsistency. Many restaurants are run by individual owners and you often get a wide range of awful experiences. The restaurant in San Leandro, California has one cash register for the entire restaurant. It is totally absurd. How can you possibly run a restaurant like that. I think there is another register at the Drive-Thru, but the drive-thru seems separate as those orders are made super fast compared to the dining room customers who are made to wait a long time.

There is one line and it is absurdly long. However, they do make their food fresh and on the spot. Which means that the wait time for food is awful. I have been in line for 20 minutes many times just for a couple of items.

The Wendy's in my home town is totally different. They have 2 cash registers and 1 cashier. So the cashier runs from one cash register to the next. While one person has paid, they wait at the cash register for their food. The cashier then runs to the next register and takes the second person's order. Then the cashier brings the food to the first person at the first register. What kind of operation is this??? It ends up creating a long line and one really over-worked cashier.

A self serve drink machine at Wendy's would make much more sense. The cashier has to take time to fill the cup with soda which holds up the entire line. If they had self-serve drinks, the cashier could help the next customer. Since there is only one cashier, the line just keeps getting longer. Wendy's must be paranoid about customers drinking too much soda and reducing profits.

The credit card thing is totally up to the individual restaurant owner. One Wendy's in my home town has old credit readers that requires signing a printed signature slip. The Wendy's in another city doesn't need a signature at all. Wendy's corporate requires that individual owners accept credit, but they don't specify how they should offer it. They don't tell them signature required or no signature required. I assume that it is the fault of one really cheap restaurant owner that is too frugal to buy another credit card reader.
Super S

Post by Super S »

I really have nothing bad to say about the Wendy's locations in my area. The one I visit most often has undergone significant updates over the last year or so, and self-serve soda was added. I actually think Wendy's is one of the more consistent fast food choices in my area.
Alpha8472

Post by Alpha8472 »

I wasn't complaining about Wendy's food or the service. Their food is actually quite good and I prefer their food over McDonald's and other fast food places. I keep going back for more, and luckily the Wendy's restaurants near me always come through with food that is hot and fresh. However, they really need a little help in managing their lines and wait times.