Costco opens Business Center in Hawthorne, CA

J-Mac

Costco opens Business Center in Hawthorne, CA

Post by J-Mac »

This is somewhat of a companion to the Costco Home closure thread. I think these parallel developments are a sign that Costco is in a move to somewhat return to their roots in terms of servicing business customers.

An interesting document regarding what makes a Costco "Business Center" is located here: http://www.northwestatlantic.com/newsit ... 0Sheet.pdf

This .pdf file contains some interesting facts and figures, including the number of SKUs per department. I don't think you see this kind of information out there for public consumption very often.

I paid a visit to the new Hawthorne, CA location today. In a way, this place reminds me of Price Club circa 1986, maybe one better. There is a full display of professional kitchen equipment and wares right up front, more selection than you'd find at a Smart&Final. There is a lot more focus on c-store resaleable items. (A lot more variety on soda as you would expect.) Most c-store resale products are packed in multiples, but I did find some odd things going on: a number of small-quantity items. They had things like laundry detergent in a c-store size that you could purchase on a one by one basis. Same with bread and hostess items, which really suprised me.

Anyway, if you happen to be in the neighborhood and happen to be a member (any variety Costco member will do), check it out.
lvkewlkid
Front-End Bagger
Front-End Bagger

Re: Costco opens Business Center in Hawthorne, CA

Post by lvkewlkid »

they just recently renovated the Costco at MLK/Alta in Las Vegas into a Business Center as well...